10/17/2006

Midnite Tempest Journal Entry

7 October

A new chapter in a familiar place. It's been nearly a year since I put my thoughts to paper which is nothing new, I suppose. My last journal was lost...left behind in a place of unspeakable torment, where I'm sure it remains if it remains at all.

Here. I am in Paragon again, because of a friend to whom my soul is bound. How such a thing can happen, I'm not certain, nor can I dwell on it at the moment. It feels like a betrayal to the man who first claimed it. It may also be the result of faerie mists and Irish whiskey - this sense of a bond deeper than kinsmanship. A desire to be connected to someone alive that I can't hurt the way I seem to have hurt everyone else I've felt a connection to. All I know is that Oz was the healer last night.

I had hoped things would be different. I'd thought I'd found a balance. I was wrong. The balance is gone. The tempest has returned, and I feel more now than before that it's not that I'm at the center of it - I am the storm that was born that night nine years ago.

So, here I am again. Living with ghosts, wishing I could become one, yet too alive to do so.

No comments: