8/08/2013

In Over Her Head, part 3

Terrakos stormed into the living room, shrugging off two female slaves still trying to keep his attention. Jalif Makria turned in surprise to the intrusion, the fear draining all color from his face as he tried to appear in control. "My lord Terrakos! I hope my staff is treating you well?"

Terrakos stood there, coldly regarding his host, "Makria, though your 'staff' are quite good at distraction, my patience grows thin. What news do you have about my property?"

Jalif turned to his wife, her terror more evident than his own, "My dear, would you.." As Jalik's wife began to stand, Terrakos raised his hand, sending out an arc of electricity, knocking her back down to the couch, "I think she can stay." He strode across the room, closing the distance between  himself and his hosts, a sneer playing across his lips, "After all, you are married. You both are in this together."

Jalif straightened, putting forth a brave face, "M-mlord, the girl has escaped. It's possible she was aided by a Jedi."

Terrakos thrust his hand out toward the woman, sending arcs of electricity through her body as Jalif pleaded. Terrakos turned the voltage down, speaking to him while admiring the sight of the writhing woman, "I want all the data you have about this thief transferred to my ship." 

"Of course my lord. P-p-please release my wife."

Terrakos narrowed his eyes as he mulled over his options. He knew Jalif had some dealings with the Republic. The electricity stopped flowing out of his hand, leaving the woman writhing in agony. He didn't need to make more enemies by killing Jalif's wife, not when he had a thief to hunt.

Still...

No comments: