3/08/2014

Chrystopher Legacy-Chapter 4: Chaos


Jheryth watched the man become semi-solid in front of him. “How is this possible?”

The man smiled, “It is by no means easy, but it is something you have encountered before. You remember the young twi'lek, apprenticed to your enemy. What was her name? The blue one.”

Jheryth cocked his head to the side, processing this information, “Temivi?”

“Yes, that one. So you see, there are those of us who can remain, even after death.”

Jheryth looked at him accusingly, “So you mean to possess me?”

The man's smile faltered slightly, “Of course not. Let me properly introduce myeslf. I am Na'ethyn Jadett. I am your ancestor.”

Jheryth quirked a brow, “My ancestor?”

Jadett nodded, “The Chrystophers were once Jadetts. Politics and alliances shift, as you know. I myself became disillusioned with the Empire, so I broke ties.
Apart from the Empire, I became even more powerful. Others learned of this power, and and tried to take it for themselves. I destroyed anyone that came after me, so it was made to look like I was a threat to the Empire. As more people aligned themselves against me, I knew it was time to hide my knowledge, preserve my legacy, so one day a true Jadett would reclaim it!”

“What about the Chrystophers?” Jheryth inquired.

Jadett scoffed. “The Jadetts ran like rats - trying to distance themselves from the political backlash - assuming that the tide would turn against them as well. They went so far as to forsake their own name. They wormed their way onto Alderaan, jostling and marrying into nobility where they could. You are the first force-sensitive the Chrystophers have produced in ten generations!”

Jheryth shifted his weight from one foot to the other, absorbing this information, still wary. “So why haven't you been more present? Been my master instead of leading me to Korriban?”
Jadett motioned to the crystal hovering above the dais, “My essence is stored in that crystal. It keeps me anchored to this existence. However, I am only an echo of what I once was. I can watch you with little difficulty, but manifesting takes a lot of energy. I can also monitor things from this computer station. When I found out that a Chrystopher had been accepted to the Academy, and then expelled, I knew you were the one I needed.”

“Needed?” Jheryth asked dubiously, folding his arms across his chest.

“Yes! To reclaim my legacy! Bring the Jadett name back. To make the universe fear us! Take the power I'm offering you. We can make the universe tremble. After everything I've done for you, you still don't trust me?”

Jheryth narrowed his eyes at the apparition. “No.”

He lunged at the crystal, grabbing it with both hands. It showered the room in green light, energy traveling down through his arms into his chest....


No comments: