1/28/2015

OOC Rant Regarding Asshole Characters

I have no issues with asshole characters. A lot of us have characters who can be considered assholes or bitches or downright unpleasant and/or evil. I RP with a few characters who fit this description without incident. However, here's some food for thought...

When you play a character like this, your ooc communication and your IC/OOC separation must be that much more clear to distinguish yourself as a competent RP'er and not an utter jackass yourself.

Using "Well, my character is an asshole" as an excuse to be offensive in OOC communications, to refuse to negotiate an OOC method of resolution to adjudicate an IC altercation - especially with players who have no experience RP'ing with you personally, to justify auto-hits...this makes you someone no one wants to RP with. Using "Welcome to RP'ing with people from my guild" will tell other RP'ers to avoid you and your guildies at all costs.

This is a sure fire drama-maker people, and it will not be accepted anywhere near me. Further, I encourage my fellow RP'ers to make this distinction as well to send a clear message that this kind of OOC behavior is unacceptable in this or any RP community.

Thank you for your time.

No comments: