6/13/2015

(( OOC Post )) On the issue of 'Active' vs. 'Inactive' Characters

I wanted to write something up here to clarify what I mean by 'Active' and 'Inactive' when referring to my characters. Basically, I make the distinction so people who are looking for me know who to look for me on when they don't care which of my characters they're interacting with or just need to find me in game. That's really all there is to it. I have a note to myself to glance at the list twice a month, adjust as needed, and republish if anything's changed.

Several things go into labelling a character as 'Active'. Mostly, it's who I've been RP'ing of late, who I'm focusing on writing for (not that I won't write whatever comes into my head for any character), who people are asking me to log in, or people who are involved in something going on in RP (like the Dheroveer plot). I generally have chosen one or two 'default' characters to log in to go hang out in open RP settings (usually the cantina at the Slopes or on Fleet or where ever people are gathering) who are likely to blend in or interact in a way that makes sense for those types of settings.

'Inactive' characters are simply characters that I haven't RP'd for one reason or another in a while. I'm happy to get them involved in things, bring them out to RP with a specific player's character in private, or even bring them to a social function they were specifically invited to.

That's it. That's all. That's the big distinction.

So, if you haven't seen me on a character in a while, it's not that I don't want to RP them. It's because I have nothing for them to RP. If you want to see me drag them off the shelf, I'm happy as hell to do it! Give me something to do with them!

No comments: