12/02/2014

OOC Post - Ask Prompt: Player-Character 1


-Asks for the Player-


1) What inspired your character?

Aittera was inspired by a combination of my first ever pen & paper RP character who was named Angel and Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly/Serenity. Angel was an ex-cop who'd become a private detective in the game Beyond the Supernatural (which probably really dates me). She was this super sexy maladjust type whose husband had been a beat cop killed in the line of duty. I really like that dark hero who doesn't like to play by the rules, and there's been some incarnation of Angel in every RP game I've ever played. I always thought Mal had a little Angel in him, because like him, she was unlucky enough to survive something life-shattering and walked away from what she thought she believed.


2) What is a concern or worry you have involving your character?

I worry about any character being too two-dimensional. I don't believe that any character should be purely evil or purely good. People aren't built that way. A person who does very evil things can still have a side to them that is compassionate or can still be completely capable of loving someone else. Alternatively, a person who does very good things can harbor a dark side within them that prompts a less than kind act toward another person or persons. People are complicated, so I work very hard to give my characters depth and understand why they do the things they do.

3) What's a pet peeve of yours when it comes to RP?


Inconsistency in format, especially in regards to distinguishing between IC and OOC actions/statements/etc. Also, the use of “you” or in place of “your character” or the character’s name (and “I” instead of “my character”, etc.). It makes me think the player involved can’t tell the difference, and that’s worrisome.

No comments: