12/05/2014

OOC Post - Ask Prompt: Player-Character 4

-Asks for the Player-

10) What is something you never want to happen to your character?

I don’t want Riukii’s sense of self to ever be shattered. She can live through a lot, and that’s great, but I would like to see her always be able to default to that spring in her step and that big friendly smile she greets people with.

11) What do you love to RP?

I love to develop rich character stories. Action and adventure are wonderful, of course, but without the context of what's going on with the characters involved and how it affects their friendship/rivalry/competition/etc, those things fall flat for me. For instance, it's not enough to just roleplay the fight. I want to roleplay what causes the fight, the fallout of the fight, and how it affects the way the people involved in the fight interact with each other going forward.

Also, I love good comedic elements, so I will try to include them where I can. I think RP'ers can sometimes get far too caught up in how seriously they want their character to be taken, so they pass up golden opportunities to draw in others with a little levity.

12) What do you refuse to RP, if anything?

I refuse to acknowledge auto-hits, and if I get that sense of god-moding that comes from a character being so invulnerable that nothing ever goes wrong for them, I'll walk or I just won't engage in anything further with that character beyond IC greetings and/or acknowledgements of existence. If I'm willing to let my character take a hit, I expect others to be willing to as well. If I'm willing to let my 'cool' character be the butt of a joke every now and then, I expect others to be willing to as well. 

No comments: