10/25/2015

Dumb Kriffing Luck (Ongoing Story)

The most recently dead agent's ship was found on the edge of Imperial space - left floating dormant and stripped of anything valuable, a hole blown in its hull (likely by pirates rather than by the smuggler). Its databanks held an encrypted recorded holo-message.

When Aittera Timm's image appeared in the holo-message, she was wearing a black evening gown that gave the impression that it could have been painted onto her curves with a neckline that plunged to her belly button, giving a generous glimpse of the curvature of each breast, the skirt slit up the side of one shapely leg. On most women, a dress like this might look tawdry or even slutty, but this was Aittera. On the redhead, it was stunning, elegant and breath-taking. Her once warm, vibrant blue eyes were ice.

"I'm beginning to feel a little hurt, Kol," she began in a sultry bedroom tone. "If I'm so important to you, why do you keep sending minions?"

As if to punctuate this question, she extended a hand to the side and dragged a woman into view by her hair. The agent was on her knees, hands bound behind her back, wearing 'street clothes' that one might see on any of a hundred civilized worlds.  She began with, "Forgive me, my lord---" but was cut off with a sharp jerk of her head and a vibroknife blade pressed to her neck.

"Stop sending these idiots to do your dirty work," Aittera continued. "You had no problems showing up to screw me. I'd think you'd jump at the chance to come kill me."

With a deft motion, she drew the blade across the agent's throat, sending blood spilling down over her chest. The message ended there.

When the recording was through, Ragious turned to his apprentice with a frown. "I really had hoped she would get over the delusion that Jocelyn implanted with time.  I think I am going to have to take a more hands on approach to the search.  That woman was one of my most loyal agents."

Pria's lekku swayed behind her as she looked at the space where Aittera's holo-image had just been. "It seems that delusion has taken hold. It's possible that there are other psychological factors at play as well. Her first message was a challenge. This was more like a twisted attempt at a seduction."

Ragious folded his arms across his chest, nodding at Pria. "Wrapped in a challenge.  She needs to be found, and I need to see what I can do to reverse what Jocelyn did.  This can't just be about my need for her anymore. I don't think it ever was.  I can sense it - even if I can't sense her, she is needing too."

The apprentice cast a carefully neutral glance in his direction. "Have your feelings for her changed?"

"No, if anything they've only intensified.  I miss her, Pria.  I didn't expect to, but I do."

"If you are able to successfully reverse the damage your sister did only to find that Captain Timm no longer feels the same way?"

"Then that is how things will be.  I do not know how she feels, but those messages both seem like she wants me to find her."

"So that she can kill you."

"It wouldn't be the first time she's tried that."

"Not to question your wisdom or experience in handling matters concerning her, but..." The twi'lek paused to consider her phrasing carefully. "...is it possible that what has kept her from moving on isn't the manipulation of her mind but your search for her?"

"All that happened to her is because of me Pria.  I have to make it right, if it means I lose her in the end, then I will accept that.  But the time Aittera and I spent together, I know she has the same feelings I do.  If it hadn't been for my sister meddling with her head, she wouldn't be running like she is.  She would have run to me."

The apprentice gave an understanding nod, the tips of her lekku twitching as she inclined her head respectfully. "I will do everything that I can to help you, of course, Master."

No comments: